Breath of Fresh Air
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new forum with new people and no worries... A Breath of Fresh Air.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

~>Reboot<~

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Adorkable Duckie
Admin
Admin
Adorkable Duckie

~>Reboot<~ Empty
PostSubject: ~>Reboot<~   ~>Reboot<~ I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:37 pm

It all started with finding the cure. A cure sought after for years—the cure to cancer. The name of the man who created it was Rajit. Rajit Stone. Some say it all started because his older sister died of cancer, her life stolen away at the age of twenty, while he watched her, peering over the bed as the seven year old he was. Of course, it doesn’t really matter where it started, does it? All that matters was Rajit’s creation—Reboot, the cure for cancer. His theory was, why try and fix the symptoms one by one, when you could just “reboot” the genetic code? If the body forgot how to fight the cancer, then rebooting it would allow it to kill the cancer easily.

His theory was correct.
But there was one unforeseen side effect.

People who used Reboot changed genders.

But Rajit didn’t really care. After all, he just discovered the cure for cancer! Surely people would choose life over their gender… right? Wrong. Many were against Reboot because they liked their respective genders. Others were against it since it was against pretty much every religion out there. It also made sex changing surgery obsolete. And, with any revolutionary thing, unforeseen results occurred afterwards.

Facts about Reboot:
-A black market for Reboot, and its knockoffs, was created, outselling even drugs such as heroin and marijuana.
-In many Arabic countries, men who couldn’t prove they were men from birth were jailed and raped, since they could just be women trying to escape from arranged marriages or the oppressive laws of their society.
-In China, girls were forcefully rebooted into boys.
-In Thailand and Mongolia, boys were forcefully rebooted into girls to increase their worth as prostitutes.
-The old still died of cancer, same as before, not able to afford the designer medicine Reboot had become.
-Those whom are rebooted can’t give birth (for men turned to women, they were sterile. For women turned to men, that’s obvious. Already pregnant women who were rebooted had the fetus reabsorb back into them, since men can’t be pregnant).
-Clubs now hold “Natural Nights” for only those who are naturally their gender; people are specially trained to see the difference. However, they are not taught self defense and many are beaten after work by the changed. *If you can tell the difference between the two, for the sake of this rp, you can't know self defence!!!*
-In some countries, such as Britain, France, Spain, Japan, Brazil, and all African countries, civil wars have started between the naturals and the changed. It’s starting in all of the other countries too—a solution will have to be found soon.
-It is rumored that certain cancers have mutated to resist Reboot, but no one really knows, since it is rarely used for cancer now.
-Reboot knockoffs increases youth, making people appear to not have aged for some years. However, they still age on a cellular level. So, they feel their age, they just don’t look it.
-Freeboots, or the ones who use Reboot recreationally, seem to age normally.
-The process of rebooting, when used to swap genders, is known as shifting.

Character Skeleton:

Name:
Gender now:
Appearance:
Back to top Go down
Adorkable Duckie
Admin
Admin
Adorkable Duckie

~>Reboot<~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~>Reboot<~   ~>Reboot<~ I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:53 pm

Name: Lucia Loffier
Original Gender: Male
Gender now: Female
Appearance: ~>Reboot<~ Animebluedress1
Bio: Originally born in Mongolia, Lucia was forcefully shifted as a baby so that when she grew up, she could be a prostitute, having come from a poor family. Knowing that this was to be her fate, at first Lucia accepted it. And, on the night of her 12th birthday, she was supposed to have had her first client. Scared out of her mind, Lucia said she had to go to the bathroom and escaped through the window. Knowing her family was going to disown her, Lucia sneaked back home, stole her passport and ran, almost being caught by her family. She then was forced into prostitution every night until she got to the USA in order to gain passage on a fishing boat, letting her off in California. Right when she got off the boat, she started looking for a new way to earn money. Finding a training program for telling the differences between the naturals and changed, Lucia took the chance to get somewhat of an education. She worked her way through as a waitress, but quit the day she finished the course. Three days later, she found a job in a nightclub for naturals only, with the occasional changed night. However, that didn't stop those who wanted entrance from raping and beating her regularly.
Back to top Go down
Lady Lullaby
Admin
Admin
Lady Lullaby

~>Reboot<~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~>Reboot<~   ~>Reboot<~ I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:28 pm

One question. Is it possible for someone to not be changed and not have cancer for the rp? [yes i know it sounds stupid but I dont know what you want]
Back to top Go down
https://breathoffreshair.canadaboard.net
Adorkable Duckie
Admin
Admin
Adorkable Duckie

~>Reboot<~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~>Reboot<~   ~>Reboot<~ I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:33 pm

That's fine! That character would be a natural, someone who hasn't changed, that's all =]
Back to top Go down

~>Reboot<~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~>Reboot<~   ~>Reboot<~ I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:11 pm

This is SO kinky. Interesting concept, I'd like to see where this goes. I'm curious, when does this take place?
Back to top Go down
Adorkable Duckie
Admin
Admin
Adorkable Duckie

~>Reboot<~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~>Reboot<~   ~>Reboot<~ I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:14 pm

I didn't really think the year mattered since after reboot was created, so many civil wars broke out that I assumed technological advancement went down the tube. After all, what's more important, stopping wars and tragedies all across the world or advancement? And how could a country really advance when dealing with such a crisis? So, really, it can take place whenever you think it does, since it doesn't have to have a set date. I guess somewhere around 2030 seems good.
Back to top Go down
Ink Muse
Typing Frenzy
Typing Frenzy
Ink Muse

~>Reboot<~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~>Reboot<~   ~>Reboot<~ I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:07 am

This is quite an original concept xD
I'll try to join soon.
Back to top Go down
Adorkable Duckie
Admin
Admin
Adorkable Duckie

~>Reboot<~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~>Reboot<~   ~>Reboot<~ I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:09 am

I'm glad this rp is so interesting! I can't wait to see what your character will look like =]
Back to top Go down
Lady Lullaby
Admin
Admin
Lady Lullaby

~>Reboot<~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~>Reboot<~   ~>Reboot<~ I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 5:07 pm

Name: Mitsukai Heartnet

Original Gender: Female

Appearance:
~>Reboot<~ 2010-01-03-230761

Bio: Mitsukai, or as she likes to be called, Mitsu, is a very random and out going girl. Her family moved out of Taiwan in order to grow in its knowledge of the world. With no problems with this, Mitsu enjoys most of her time being random. She has now lived in California for 3 years and thanks to the influence of the people around her, she got a tattoo of the numbers 03, to show she is the third child in her household as well as the third daughter. Surprisingly enough it did not bother her family too much. The only thing that did bother them was when her grades were low, to her parents B+ was low. She often was found studying or dancing around in her home or along the streets. With today being as it is, Mitsukai didn't really care for gender anymore. A man could be a woman and vise versa. A person is still a person. She hung out with both guys and girls but mostly guys that were once girls and guys that were once girls. Her reason for this was because her sister back in Taiwan, the age of 23, was actually now a male since she had cancer. Being known as a "Natural" she didn't care on learning how to tell the people apart and instead merely lives her life under surveillance of her parents and practicing various martial arts styles in her spare time.

Last edited by Lady Lullaby on Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
*Sketh*
Typing Frenzy
Typing Frenzy
*Sketh*

~>Reboot<~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~>Reboot<~   ~>Reboot<~ I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 5:50 pm

Hell....ill join as well.
Back to top Go down
Adorkable Duckie
Admin
Admin
Adorkable Duckie

~>Reboot<~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~>Reboot<~   ~>Reboot<~ I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:10 pm

Wow, there's a lot of interest in this rp! I'm glad =]

Lali, sadly enough, I have a slight problem with your character (it really is slight, even if this paragraph looks intimidating ^^;Wink. It's just that your character moved from Japan, which is one of the countries I listed as in the middle of a civil war. I would have to imagine that getting out would be extremely hard. So, either change the country your character is from (it really isn't a big deal if she isn't from Japan, is it? China would work, Taiwan would work, Singapore would work, and those are just a couple of Asian countries off the top of my head), or you change how she got out (make it REALLY hard! I mean, Japan is an island off the pacific coast, so it's not like she could just run away, board a train or take a care. Furthermore, the naturals are the minority at this point, which would make finding transportation that would accept her harder).
Back to top Go down
Selene heivick
Typing Frenzy
Typing Frenzy
Selene heivick

~>Reboot<~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~>Reboot<~   ~>Reboot<~ I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:49 pm

Name: Anastasii Heartnet

Original Gender: Female

Gender now: Male

Apearance:
~>Reboot<~ Letsrock

Bio: Anastasii sufferd from breast cancer so she hat to undergo reboot, at first it dristroughted him but eventualy he exepted it and still flirted after women as he usaly did when he was female, after a while of thinking he realized this was probly better since he allways thought he was born with a mind of a boy instead of a girl, after he under went reboot and moved to California. Now he is inspired to become a rock star
Back to top Go down
*Sketh*
Typing Frenzy
Typing Frenzy
*Sketh*

~>Reboot<~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~>Reboot<~   ~>Reboot<~ I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:10 pm

Name: Sketh Tsujimoto

Gender now: Male

Appearance: ~>Reboot<~ __Be_alive__by_Lasaro

Bio: Sketh grew up with a pissy attitude,and normally smoked,even tho he had lung cancer he didnt get the reboot cause he thought it was pointless,every thing dies,so he lived his life skate boarding and hanging out in the wrong crowds. He normally likes to tag walls {spray paint symbols on them} and skate were its illegal,
Back to top Go down
Ink Muse
Typing Frenzy
Typing Frenzy
Ink Muse

~>Reboot<~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~>Reboot<~   ~>Reboot<~ I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:06 am

Name: Jaime Tarsola
Appearance: ~>Reboot<~ Tomboy2
Bio: Jaime was born and raised in California. As a young boy, he always loved sports of every kind. Given the chance, Jaime would try any type of sport out there without hesitation. Unsuspectingly, Jaime was diagnosed with leukemia at age 12. For years, he was kept alive through rigorous treatments which cut into his social life, keeping him far away from the sports he loved. When reboot was discovered, Jaime was living out the last years of his life at age 17. Understanding the side effects of the drug, he still decided to take it because he wanted his life back, he just wanted to be a kid again since he had missed out on 6 years of it. On his 18th birthday, Jaime began to take the reboot drug. As a girl, Jaime was perfectly healthy, but soon she found that her muscles couldn't take as much physical activity as they used to. Being a girl became a physical weakness for Jaime. Still, her personality remained as strong as ever; she didn't care for dressing up or shopping for shoes. All Jaime wanted to do was play basketball, softball, soccer. She doesn't care what anyone else thinks of her or her choices. She dresses mostly in large t-shirts and jeans/shorts.
Back to top Go down
Adorkable Duckie
Admin
Admin
Adorkable Duckie

~>Reboot<~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~>Reboot<~   ~>Reboot<~ I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:12 am

(All these characters are great! This rp can definitely start! You can give me a sec to post, or anyone can start it themselves =] )
Back to top Go down
Adorkable Duckie
Admin
Admin
Adorkable Duckie

~>Reboot<~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~>Reboot<~   ~>Reboot<~ I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:18 am

The moonlight shimmered, dull in comparison to the blinking atomic blue sign above Lucia's head and flashing colors from inside, all reflecting off of her skin. Giving the guard a thumbs up or down for each person who tried to enter the club, she was trying not to make it obvious how terrified she is of her upcoming break. Sure, breaks were typically considered good, but when you don't know self defense, weren't allowed in the club because it's natural night and were beaten up every break by those who weren't allowed into the club, it's only natural to hate each and every single break.
Back to top Go down
*Sketh*
Typing Frenzy
Typing Frenzy
*Sketh*

~>Reboot<~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~>Reboot<~   ~>Reboot<~ I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:24 am

Sketh snuck across the street with his spray paint,as he ran to a wall and popped the cap off the can and began spray painting gang signs on the wall. "Hehehe..." (srry im on psp short post)
Back to top Go down
Adorkable Duckie
Admin
Admin
Adorkable Duckie

~>Reboot<~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~>Reboot<~   ~>Reboot<~ I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:28 am

(It's fine.)

Sighing when the guard closed up the club for her half hour break, Lucia decided to head to the back of the building. Not only were they security cameras there since there is, in fact, a back door, but it seemed like the safest place to go. Gathering her pride, Lucia crossed the threshold from the safe to the wild.
Back to top Go down
Ink Muse
Typing Frenzy
Typing Frenzy
Ink Muse

~>Reboot<~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~>Reboot<~   ~>Reboot<~ I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:31 am

Jaime walked slowly down the streets of the city, taking in the night air. It was a warm summer night, so she went in only a loose white t-shirt and gray cargo shorts. Her hair was loose and reached below her shoulders. Before the reboot, Jaime had always worn her hair long, so afterward she just let it continue to grow. Looking down a street, she spotted a boy about her age with a spray can in hand and laughed quietly. "Looks like you're having fun there, eh?" She shouted to him without really thinking about it. She didn't consider the fact that she was a girl and he was a boy, and that since he was spraying graffiti he might be a dangerous kid. She wasn't born to have to consider these kinds of things.
Back to top Go down
*Sketh*
Typing Frenzy
Typing Frenzy
*Sketh*

~>Reboot<~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~>Reboot<~   ~>Reboot<~ I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:37 am

sketh continued to paint the wall more and more. "Ha! DONE," he yelled but quickly covered his mouth. "Shit...she saw me"
Back to top Go down
Ink Muse
Typing Frenzy
Typing Frenzy
Ink Muse

~>Reboot<~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~>Reboot<~   ~>Reboot<~ I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:41 am

Jaime laughed out loud again. "Don't worry, I'm not going to tell anyone. It's not like I have any reason to." She said, walking down the alley to see what he had written or drawn. "Actually, I think graffiti really adds to the city. People complain about it and all, but if it weren't here this place just wouldn't be the same."
Back to top Go down
Adorkable Duckie
Admin
Admin
Adorkable Duckie

~>Reboot<~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~>Reboot<~   ~>Reboot<~ I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:41 am

Once around the back, Lucia began to pace. She started to hope; maybe she would be fine that night, maybe no one would notice her, back here. Maybe the tapes from the security cameras could be used to convict these people, if it did happen. But Lucia knew better than to believe these rogue thoughts, floating in her head. Reality would hit her too hard and too fast if she gave in to hope so easily. After all, hope was dangerous. Hope provides expectations, and it would only hurt more if those expectations crashed down, like acid rain, stinging the ground with its poison. And so, when five people showed up, Lucia wasn't surprised. When they beat her, she wasn't surprised. When strokes of blood painted across her body, she wasn't surprised. And when she could tell what they were, male -> female -> male, female ->male, recreational user (started as a female), male -> female... she wasn't surprised.

Last edited by Adorkable Duckie on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
*Sketh*
Typing Frenzy
Typing Frenzy
*Sketh*

~>Reboot<~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~>Reboot<~   ~>Reboot<~ I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:51 am

"Tell on me...who cares" sketh then stepped to the side,reaching into his pocket pulling out a pack of ciggarets and looked at the wall. "Well my gang wins" he said to him self out loud infont of the girl.
Back to top Go down
Lady Lullaby
Admin
Admin
Lady Lullaby

~>Reboot<~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~>Reboot<~   ~>Reboot<~ I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:55 am

Mitsukai's glimmering pink hair, helping her to stand out in the crowds of L.A. as she walked down the street. Keeping her sights set on a large local club, she began to hum, making her way to the comfortable opened aired area. The moon shining ever so nicely as she walked, enjoying her night stroll. She got closer to her destination and realized the long line to get in, shaking her head a bit in slight disgust. [i]Oh come on! Must there really be a long line tonight? I want to have some fun tonight.[/] She thought as she held her hands on her waist, her hair and dress shifting slightly from a slight breeze the rolled by.
Back to top Go down
Ink Muse
Typing Frenzy
Typing Frenzy
Ink Muse

~>Reboot<~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~>Reboot<~   ~>Reboot<~ I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:01 am

"What gang are you a part of?" Jaime asked the boy casually and curiously. She wondered if he could tell she was a reboot, but she doubted it, he was just a street boy after all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

~>Reboot<~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~>Reboot<~   ~>Reboot<~ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

~>Reboot<~
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Breath of Fresh Air :: Role Play :: Sci-Fi-
Jump to: